The Best Place for Botox in Boston
Have you considered pursuing a procedure to rejuvenate your appearance, but a surgical procedure does not feel like the best fit for you and your lifestyle? BOTOX® is an injectable treatment option that creates a more relaxed appearance by altering the relationship between nerve signals and muscles. Explore treatment options with Dr. Moran of Dr. Renée Moran Medical Aesthetics, best place for botox in Boston area.
BOTOX® is an FDA-approved injectable treatment option. When administered, this non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment can be used to reduce the appearance of:
- Crow’s feet
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Marionette lines
- Smile lines
BOTOX® is a neuromodulator, and it prevents nerve signals from reaching muscles from contracting. This prevents the creation or worsening of fine lines and wrinkles. This is why BOTOX® is effective for dynamic lines and wrinkles, which are lines and wrinkles formed as a result of natural facial movements and expressions.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are prescription-only medications that helps reduce wrinkles on the face. They work particularly well on frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines and crow’s feet (wrinkles by the sides of the eyes).
As we get older, the wrinkles on our face tend to get deeper and much more visible. These wrinkles make us look and feel older than we really are. And while that’s just how life is, it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it. BOTOX® & Dysport can help reduce those wrinkles and make you look and feel younger. They can also be used to prevent wrinkles from forming as early as in your 20s.
BOTOX® is derived from the botulinum toxin, a protein and neurotoxin that causes muscles to relax. It is that property of BOTOX® that is beneficial in its use as an aesthetic treatment. When the injected muscles in the face relax, the associated wrinkles tend to soften, producing a pleasant “youthful” appearance on the face. Dysport works similarly. The two are like Coca Cola vs Pepsi. Dysport tends to have a faster onset (3 days) vs Botox (7 days).
Dysport tends to have a faster onset (3 days ) vs Botox (7 days). Both will have their maximum results in 14 days.
The effects are impressive, but are only temporary and usually last three to five months. Therefore, follow-up injections are required to maintain the effects.
Wrinkles such as worry lines, laugh lines, neck lines, crow’s feet and neck bands are caused by muscles under the skin contracting when we laugh, smile or express emotions facially. Wrinkle erasers work on the root of the cause- the muscles. They temporarily weaken the skin’s muscles, reducing their ability to contract. No contractions mean no wrinkles, and skin is smoother, tighter and wrinkle-free. Dr. Moran’s philosophy is to start small for a more natural, expressive look. Subsequent doses can be adjusted accordingly.
- Do not lie down for 2 to 4 hours following treatment.
- Facial exercises (squint/frown/smile) are strongly recommended in the treated area for one hour after injection.
- Avoid manipulation of treated area for a minimum of four hours.
- By following the above measures, you will minimize the occurrence of ptosis (droopy eyelids), bruising, and less than optimal outcomes.
- Common side effects include a slight headache lasting a few hours up to 48 hours, temporary bruising, and/or swelling
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing
- Loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness
- Double/blurred vision
- Hoarseness of voice
- Trouble articulating certain words
- Loss of bladder control
- Rash/red itchy welts
- Wheezing/asthmatic symptoms
- Dizziness/feeling fainting/tiredness
- Dry mouth
- Discomfort or pain at the injection site
Please tell Dr. Moran if you:
- Are Allergic to any ingredient in BOTOX® or Dysport
- Have any muscle or nerve conditions such as ALS, Lou Gehrig’s Disease, or Myasthenia Gravis
- Had surgery or have plans to have surgery on the face
- Are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding, or plan to breastfeed
- Have weak forehead muscles, drooping eyelids, or trouble raising your eyebrows
- Are taking any medications (prescription, non-prescription, vitamins, or herbal products)
- Have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months, or have received injections of botulinum toxin, such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past
- Have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- Take muscle relaxants
- Take an allergy or cold medicine
- Take a sleep medicine
- Take antiplatelets or anti-coagulants
Before your treatment, Dr. Moran will perform a complete medical history to determine if you are a good candidate for treatment. Dr. Moran will also perform a complete facial examination to see which areas of your face can benefit from the treatment. You will be asked to do things like raise and furrow your eyebrows, squint, and wrinkle your nose. Factors such as wrinkle crease depth and symmetry are noted, and your treatment plan will be designed around those findings. Dr. Moran will ask about medications you are taking, allergies you may have, or activities you may be undergoing.
Right after the treatment, expect a slight discomfort from the injected areas. There shouldn’t be any pain afterward. You may be asked to perform facial exercises by frowning and smiling frequently for the next hour right after the treatment. Approximately 10 days later, you will start to see the effects of the neurotoxin in the form of less wrinkles and smoother skin. You can resume your normal daily activities right after the treatment, although anything strenuous should be avoided for one to two days.
Request a Consultation
Click the button below to request your complimentary consultation at Dr. Renée Moran Medical Aesthetics or call 617-631-3258. Dr. Moran is based out of Newton Centre, Massachusetts and serves the Boston area. Start your journey to a refreshed appearance today!